A dedication to innovation, customer service, and brand stewardship has helped us become the fastest growing e-tailer in the outdoor industry. It's not surprise that Outside magazine named The Clymb one of the BEST PLACES TO WORK in both 2012 & 2013.
Once you apply, you should receive confirmation that your profile was created. We do our best to follow up in a timely manner to all applicants.
Buyer / Senior Buyer
Buyer / Senior Buyer
The Clymb is seeking an aggressive, talented and experienced Buyer or Senior Buyer (depending on experience) to help us build, develop and maintain, dynamic relationships with key outdoor, action sport and active lifestyle manufacturers. The ideal candidate will have relevant retail industry experience, a strong sense of ownership and a proven history working with cross-functional teams. The Buyer must have excellent communication skills and the ability to sell the benefits of working with The Clymb to key vendors.
Buyers are a crucial role in the success of the business. Ideal candidates will have relevant retail industry experience, a strong sense of ownership and a proven history working with cross-functional teams. You will also have excellent account management, communication, analytical and sales skills.
As a Buyer for The Clymb, you will be responsible for managing a large portfolio of brands; sourcing great products for our customers and managing the PO process from initial buy through sell through. You will be the face of our company to the industry, and therefore must possess the ability to sell benefits of working with the Clymb to our vendors.
- Create and manage purchase orders from the buy through the final sale
- Achieve category sales, margin and sell through goals within allocated OTB
- Effectively manage and optimize a large vendor portfolio, while opening new accounts
- Negotiate with existing and potential vendors for best pricing, product and payment terms
- Ensure inventory is priced competitively, price manage as necessary
- Create and execute a strategic category assortment plan that appeals to our members
- Handle a high volume of communication with vendors
- Manage inventory within established guidelines
- Evaluate inventory and brand performance
- Log vendor contacts using Salesforce CRM
- Manage and communicate opportunity pipeline using Salesforce CRM
- Approve all assigned events according to daily deadlines to ensure best possible presentation and sell through
- Work closely with event management team to ensure products are presented in a way that engages our customers, and delivers a brand experience consistent with the vendor
- Develop tactics and materials necessary to pitch the Clymb story to new potential partners, open new accounts that appeal to our active customer base
- Make intelligent purchase decisions through a strong understanding of industry trend, customer demand and historical quantitative data
- Adjust buying tactics to market trend and a dynamic, opportunity-based buying environment
- Bachelor’s degree or 3 years relevant experience plus:
- Experience in online retail, with a background in sales, planning or buying
- Proven history as a deal closer
- Strong project management skills, and the ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously
- Two years manufacturer negotiation experience
- High-level manufacturer contacts
- Ability to think strategically and tactically
- Proactive attitude, ability to react to unforeseen situations
- Have a sense of urgency, and the ability to close deals consistently
- Ability to work cross-departmentally to support overall company goals
- Flexibility to take on new categories and succeed across a range of product categories
- Ability to work cross-functionally to achieve goals through collaboration with marketing
- Expert knowledge in area of focus, effective decision-making derived market intelligence
- World class negotiation skills, ability to engage vendors and close POs efficiently and effectively
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Planning and OTB knowledge
Awarded as one of Outside Magazine's Best Places to Work, The Clymb is a private retail community - connecting premium outdoor brands with passionate, influential end-users. A dedication to innovation, customer service and brand stewardship have helped us become the fastest growing e-tailer in the outdoor industry. We work hard so we can play hard and we use the gear we sell. If you're as passionate about innovation as you are the outdoors, come join us at our Portland, OR headquarters. Good Things Come to Those Who Clymb™
- Attach your résumé.
- Tell us why you belong here.
- Provide three professional references - include in the cover letter.
- Provide salary history from three most recent jobs - include in the cover letter.
Temporary Graphic Design Production Assistant
TEMPORARY Graphic Design Production Assistant
We need a master of multi-tasking — someone able to contribute to a variety of design-related areas and change course whenever and wherever support is needed. You strive for pixel perfection and have a proven knowledge of design principles and photography. You are energetic and are capable of finding work even when it seems there is none to be had. This is an entry-level full-time temporary design production position, perfect for the applicant seeking professional development with an experienced in-house team. Potential temp-to-hire opportunity.
- Collect, organize, and archive assets from brand partners.
- Edit and upload product images for the website.
- Ensure consistency of edited product images.
- Compose collections of product images using Adobe Photoshop for use in marketing in accordance with company brand standards.
- Choose and edit lifestyle photography for use in marketing in accordance with company brand standards.
- Check completed work for errors.
- Support photographers in the studio or in the field.
- Other design-related projects and support as needed
- Strong skills in of Adobe Photoshop as it relates to post-production — color correction, creating artificial light and shadow, layering, touch-ups, image clipping/masking, and compositing
- Demonstrated understanding of basic design principles
- Appreciation for outdoor photography and an understanding of how to use it
- Proficient with a Mac
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detailed & organized
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Wordpress familiarity a plus
- Bonus points if you have a passion for outdoor sports.
The Clymb is a private retail community - connecting premium outdoor brands with passionate, influential end-users. A dedication to innovation, customer service and brand stewardship have helped us become one of the fastest growing companies in outdoor e-commerce. We work hard so we can play hard and we use the gear we sell. If you're as passionate about innovation as you are the outdoors, come join us at our Portland, OR headquarters.
How to Apply:
- Attach your résumé.
- Provide a link to your portfolio.
- Tell us why you belong here.
- Provide three references.
The Clymb offers both formal and informal benefits that are custom-tailored to your human-powered lifestyle, including:
- Complete medical, dental and vision benefits
- Flexible work schedule and time off
- 401(k) savings plan
- A fully stocked gear library complete with slacklines, SUPs, backpacks, tents, bicycles, ice axes, and much more
- Dog-friendly workplace
- Behold, the kegerator
- Office slackline
- Indoor bicycle parking
- Free monthly tune-ups for bike commuters
- Transit tickets
- On-site yoga and meditation classes
- Wellness menu with choice of memberships and discounts to local gyms
- Race and team sponsorships