Come Clymb With Us
Our mission is to increase the well-being of the planet and its inhabitants by inspiring human-powered adventure.
We're explorers and innovators who push the boundaries of personal and professional development in our industry and our natural world. A dedication to innovation, customer service, and brand stewardship has helped us become the fastest growing e-tailer in the outdoor industry. It's no surprise that Outside magazine named The Clymb one of the BEST PLACES TO WORK in both 2012 & 2013.
We're committed to the core.
We choose the natural line.
We only see the summit.
We're driven to push boundaries.
Benefits & Perks
The Clymb offers both formal and informal benefits that are custom-tailored to your human-powered lifestyle, including:
- Complete medical, dental and vision benefits
- Flexible work schedule and paid time off
- 401(k) savings plan
- A fully stocked gear library complete with slacklines, SUPs, backpacks, tents, bicycles, ice axes, and much more
- Dog-friendly workplace
- Behold, the kegerator
- Office slackline
- Indoor bicycle parking
- Free monthly tune-ups for bike commuters
- Transit tickets
- On-site yoga and meditation classes
- Wellness menu with choice of memberships and discounts to local gyms
- Race and team sponsorships
- Employee purchase program
Join Our Team
Once you apply, you should receive confirmation that your profile was created. We do our best to follow up in a timely manner to all applicants.
Direct any other job-related questions to email@example.com.
Merchandising Event Manager
The Merchandising Event Manager is responsible for leading and managing a progressive website merchandising team to deliver compelling product assortments that deliver excitement for our customers. This position owns all online marketing initiatives and works with merchants, planners, production and sales event teams to manage processes and rules that will inform the strategic sales event calendar.
- Work with a cross-functional team to build strategic merchandise marketing plans that will guide scheduling, merchandising event production and creative teams.
- Manage plans to meet or exceed bottom line, sell-through goal, and gross margin impact.
- Build rules and processes to align best customer practice through placing the right product at the right time with the right prices and promotional mix.
- Work with buying team to proactively find opportunities with brand partners that add greater value to our customer experience.
- Act as liaison between creative, content and merchandising teams to establish open communication and constant alignment.
- Oversee management and merchandising of daily event sales including:
- Monitoring the status of upcoming sales to ensure that they are loaded for launch on the website and that all assets (images, UPCs & product descriptions, etc.) are delivered on time.
- Merchandising sales events in a visually pleasing way while taking into account seasonality, product assortment, and inventory levels.
- Being aware of brand and/or product restrictions.
- Supply the Event Merchandising team with guidance and specific criteria to allow them to curate successful, on-point merchandising events.
- Review and approve all merchandising events before going live:
- Provide feedback and constructive criticism to Event Merchandisers regarding merch assortment, product selection, and homescreen captions.
- Provide overall direction and leadership to the Event Merchandising team and Merchandise Operations Coordinator.
- Act as the communication point for all event-related inquiries.
- Monitor internal tracking system to ensure that all new events are created and in sync with the planning calendar.
- Define and implement new tools to improve production.
- 5+ years experience in Merchandising, with previous management experience
- Deep knowledge of Merchandising programs and practices, as well as project management
- Can easily thrive working in fast paced, sometimes chaotic environment
- Experience growing a company in team size and complexity
- Detail-oriented, organized and a good team player
- Bias towards finding solutions vs. shutting down ideas
- Can relate to The Clymb's products and the Northwest outdoor lifestyle
- An advocate for The Clymb’s values of Authenticity, Respect, Growth, and Excellence
Key Partners: Sr. Director Merchandising, Director of Merchandise Planning, Sr. Director of Ecommerce, Art Director, Content Director, Event Merchandisers, Program Manager, and Merchandise Operations Coordinator.
Reporting to: CMO – Chief Merchandising Officer
Direct Reports: Event Merchandisers, Merchandise Operations Coordinator
The Clymb is a private retail community - connecting premium outdoor brands with passionate, influential end-users. A dedication to innovation, customer service and brand stewardship have helped us become the fastest growing e-tailer in the outdoor industry. We work hard so we can play hard and we use the gear we sell. If you're as passionate about innovation as you are the outdoors, come join us at our Portland, OR headquarters. Good Things Come to Those Who Clymb™
- Attach your résumé.
- Tell us why you belong here.
- Provide three professional references - include in the cover letter.
- Provide salary history from three most recent jobs - include in the cover letter.