A dedication to innovation, customer service, and brand stewardship has helped us become the fastest growing e-tailer in the outdoor industry. It's no surprise that Outside magazine named The Clymb one of the BEST PLACES TO WORK in both 2012 & 2013.
Once you apply, you should receive confirmation that your profile was created. We do our best to follow up in a timely manner to all applicants.
Digital Graphic Designer
Digital Graphic Designer
The Clymb is looking for a Digital Graphic Designer — websites, apps, email, digital, digital, digital. You know what a breakpoint is. You’re mobile first and apathy last. Finding creative inspiration is as essential as your morning coffee. You’re a master of grids, photography, color, and type and know your way around a set of brand standards. Your concepts drive your craft, your function precedes your form, and you know when the designing has stopped and the window-dressing has begun.
- Create on-site graphics, emails, UI, and brand collateral, ensuring adherence to The Clymb’s brand standards.
- Plan, develop and refine UI for desktop, mobile, and email.
- Work with in-house developers to see UI projects through, from wireframes to testing and deployment.
- Take part in brainstorming and ideation for new UI and marketing projects.
- Assist with miscellaneous graphics support for The Clymb and its affiliated brands.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design or related field.
- Minimum 5 years experience using Adobe Creative Suite to create digital graphics.
- Demonstrated knowledge of photo editing, typography, color theory, and compositional hierarchy.
- Demonstrated knowledge of responsive web design.
- Ability to identify and respond to user interaction patterns across The Clymb’s online properties with the help of analytics and thoughtful A/B testing.
- An uncompromising appreciation for and attention to concept, detail, and craft.
- Basic knowledge of current HTML/CSS.
- Experience with content management systems is a plus.
- Knowledge of outdoor industry and lifestyle is a plus.
The Clymb is a private retail community — connecting premium outdoor brands with people passionate about the outdoors. A dedication to innovation, customer service and brand stewardship has helped us become one of the greatest success stories in recent outdoor industry history.
Our small team of in-house designers has the enormous responsibility and almost unheard of privilege of designing for over four million outdoorsmen and women. Some days are exhausting, some days are immensely rewarding, but every day we help people get outside. That makes us happy, and we think it’ll make you happy too.
Digital Graphic Designers report to the Design Director
How to Apply:
- Attach your résumé.
- Provide a link to your portfolio.
- Tell us why you belong here.
The Clymb offers both formal and informal benefits that are custom-tailored to your human-powered lifestyle, including:
- Complete medical, dental and vision benefits
- Flexible work schedule and time off
- 401(k) savings plan
- A fully stocked gear library complete with slacklines, SUPs, backpacks, tents, bicycles, ice axes, and much more
- Dog-friendly workplace
- Behold, the kegerator
- Office slackline
- Indoor bicycle parking
- Free monthly tune-ups for bike commuters
- Transit tickets
- On-site yoga and meditation classes
- Wellness menu with choice of memberships and discounts to local gyms
- Race and team sponsorships